Wounded Airman 5K Run
Kids 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
Race Day is October 28, 2017
The Air Force Association remains committed to taking care of our wounded, ill and injured Airmen that have given so much to our Air Force and our nation. Under a formal Memorandum of Understanding with the United States Air Force, AFA operates our Wounded Airman Program (WAP) in partnership with the Air Force Wounded Warrior (AFW2) program to provide much needed support to our wounded Airmen. Examples of support include prosthetics, financial aid, caregiver support, on-site support at adaptive sports camps and the Department of Defense Warrior Games and much more. 100% of funds donated to AFA's Wounded Airman Program are used in direct support of wounded Airmen. Read/Print the Run Flyer
Details for our Run:
- The run will start on the flight line at 0900 (See Atch Map). Parking will be in the North end of the Langley Hospital parking lot. Runners will need to walk across Sweeney Blvd over to Hickory Road toward the Airfield Tower and flight line. The starting point of the race and the 1FW Fall Festival will be in the same location. (Print a Copy of the Map)
- Our course will take you on a scenic tour of the flight line of Langley Field.
- Swag: Free Shirt with price of registration. There may be some shirts available for purchase ($25) on the day of the race, but the registration is the only way to be sure you have a shirt.
- Shirt color is black, logo will be displayed as shown in the image below. The Wounded Airman logo will be on the reverse side of the shirt.
- Kids Run/Walk: The Kids 1 Mile Fun Run will be at 0830 and is FREE. There will be a blow up Bounce House, cotton candy, popcorn, temporary tattoos, games, and more.
- Running strollers are permitted. Please make sure there are no loose items that can fall off. If you lose something on the run it will be picked up by a sweeper and lost
- Service Dogs are the only pets allowed for the run.
- Pre-Registration Race Fee is $20. $25 on the day of the Race.
- Day Prior Packet Pick will be announced soon.
- Packet Pick up on Race Day begins at 7:00 am.
- For More Information contact: Donnan5050@gmail.com; Eryn.Buckner33@yahoo.com; or, AlexBustard@hotmail.com.
|In consideration of participation in the Wounded Airman 5K, I, the undersigned, assume the full and complete responsibility for any injuries or accident which may occur during participation. I hereby release and hold harmless the staff, volunteers and all other entities associated with the run from any and all injury or damage. I certify that I am in good health. Submitting your registration confirms your agreement with this statement.